Erectile dysfunction (ED), also called sexual impotence, is the difficulty of maintaining penile erection, in at least 50% of attempts, long enough to allow vaginal penetration and sexual satisfaction. According to the sexologist in Rohini, about 50% of Indian men over 40 years old have some complaint regarding erections and only a few of them seeks erectile dysfunction treatment in Rohini, Pitampura.
ED occurs due to an imbalance between contraction and relaxation of the smooth muscle of the corpora cavernosa. Erection is the result of a joint work of the vascular and hormonal nervous system. The cells of the penile arteries receive the message to relax muscle tissue, providing increased blood flow and thus swelling the organ.
The causes of ED vary and can be related to psychological, organic or both.
Many believe that sexual dysfunction only happens in men who are in their third age (over 60 years old). But some young people can also develop a problem. Watch for signs and see a sexologist in Pitampura if you notice any of them:
- Reduction of penile size and stiffness
- Inability to get and maintain an erection
- Reduction of body hair
- Testicular atrophy or absence
- Deformed penis
- Peripheral vascular disease (causes narrowing and hardening of the arteries that carry blood to the lower body)
- Neuropathy (a disorder of nervous system functions)
Erectile dysfunction (ED) can appear at any age, but some factors contribute to its onset. See what they are and seek professional help to return to an active and healthy sex life:
- Alcohol: Excessive amounts of alcohol or long-term consumption are linked to erection problems. Dehydration in the body impairs circulation in the intimate region.
- Psychological disorders: the problem can start on any day when, because of anxiety, the man was unable to get an erection. If you do not control the fear of suffering impotence in the next opportunities, the charge becomes more and more, which further hinders sexual performance.
- Hormonal diseases: diabetes can be associated with ED because it alters blood flow and there is not enough flow to the erectile tissue. In addition, dropping testosterone can prevent satisfactory sexual intercourse.
- Neurological diseases: spinal cord injuries, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s can prevent men from having erections.
- Vascular diseases: they cause clogging in the arteries and veins, which can hinder the arrival of blood to the penis.
- Medications: the use of drugs to control high blood pressure (hypertension) can affect erection as a side effect.
- Smoking: Smoking affects the body’s vascular system and the muscles of the walls of the veins and arteries, altering the quality of the body’s blood circulation. The use of tobacco increases the formation of plaque in the arteries, which makes erection difficult.
The prevention of erectile dysfunction can be in two ways:
- Psychic cause: the education of boys by the family and school must guarantee self-confidence and self-esteem, fighting myths, taboos, prejudices or erroneous ideas about sexuality.
- Physical cause: good habits must be maintained, such as practising physical activity regularly, sleeping well, having a balanced diet, avoiding alcohol and cigarettes and controlling diabetes. In addition, it is important to avoid trauma in the region so as not to compromise erections.
The erectile dysfunction treatment in Rohini varies according to the cause and lifestyle of the patient. After diagnosis and clinical analysis, there are several therapeutic resources that can be used, such as:
Intra-cavernous injections: act approximately 15 minutes after application and no stimulation is necessary for the man to have an erection. The injected substance stimulates circulation and promotes dilation of arteries at the site, which increases blood flow to the penis leading to an erection. The duration varies depending on the amount injected.
Oral medications: generally, they are the first therapeutic option, as long as the patient does not have lesions in the arteries of the penis. These substances improve blood flow to the organ, which favours erection. They should be ingested with a not too full stomach, about one to two hours before sexual intercourse, and vary in terms of the time of action and maximum potency.
Penile prosthesis: it is a more complex erectile dysfunction treatment in Pitampura because it is a surgery. The sexologist in Pitampura inserts a metal rod wrapped in silicone in the patient’s penis, which makes him erect enough for penetration. The intervention lasts about an hour and sexual life can return to normal after a month.
Therapy: if there is any psychological block, a therapist trained in sexology may be indicated. Talking to an expert can be useful to change the way you relate to your partner and charges.
In order to have the correct erectile dysfunction treatment in Rohini, early diagnosis is essential. When consulting a sexologist in Delhi, he may request a nighttime penile swelling test that must be performed with the help of specific equipment. The device measures a man’s erection while he sleeps.
The equipment has two rings connected to electrodes, placed around the penis, which analyze the quality of nighttime erections. If spontaneous erections are satisfactory, it means that the blood reaches the penis.
In addition, penile echocardiography can be used to measure arterial flow and identify possible penile arterial obstructions. There are also intracavernous injections (into the cavernous body of the penis) that increase blood flow to the arteries, decrease the calibre of the veins and relax the local muscles, producing an erection.
Most tests are intended to identify whether the problem is organic or psychological.
I cannot maintain my erection after the first ejaculation. What can this be?
The time required for a new erection varies from person to person and there is no value defined as normal. In the event of complete sexual intercourse, with erection and ejaculation, the likelihood of physical impairment is minimal.
After some time of having sex, I reach orgasm very quickly. How do I prolong my erection?
Naturally, ejaculation is a quick process. In order to prolong sexual intercourse, humans have learned to control the ejaculatory reflex. However, the ability to control this process can be affected by numerous influences. It is only possible to assess if there are any problems with exams.
After prostate removal surgery does the man become impotent?
Most prostate surgeries do not cause impotence. In the case of patients operated for treatment of benign diseases, the likelihood of impotence is practically nil. In the case of patients operated on for prostate cancer, the risk of impotence varies from 30 to 100%, depending on the case (stage of the disease, tumour size, state of sexual function before the operation, age). However, in any case, that the patient has erections, the sensation of orgasm remains practically the same. The only ejaculation is absent (in cases of cancer) or retrograde (in cases of benign disease).
I’m ejaculating too fast. What can this be?
A man can have different types of ejaculatory problems that affect his relationship with his partner. What the studies say is that most disorders have a psychological origin and should be addressed jointly by the man, his partner and, if necessary, with the help of doctors and psychologists.
Which specialist should I look for if presenting ED?
Erectile dysfunction can be the symptomatic consequence of other diseases, such as diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular problems. If the therapies applied by the first line of care with the general practitioner (general practitioner) do not show clinical improvement, a urologist should be sought.
Do foods that claim to be aphrodisiacs really work?
There is no scientific evidence that foods such as peanuts, anise, pepper, figs and ginger, among others, stimulate erection. What happens is that some foods give the man a feeling of well-being and this stimulates sexual desires.
What is the partner’s role in the treatment of ED?
The partner can help by creating a relaxed atmosphere, without pressure. It is also recommended that she participate in therapy sessions and be well informed about clinical and therapeutic erectile dysfunction treatment in Pitampura.
How does a penile erection occur and how does it last?
Penile erection occurs through the integration of the central and peripheral nervous systems, the vascular system and the integrity of the tissues that make up the organ, as well as hormonal modulation, mainly of testosterone. The arterial flow nourishes the tissues and with the release of substances that make the muscle fibres contract. During an erection, the veno-occlusive mechanism keeps blood circulation and pressure constant.